Should you get a Programmable Thermostat in your Home
Benefits of Programmable Thermostats
Over the past several years, programmable thermostats have dramatically increased in popularity and homeowners all across the country are appreciating the benefits they offer. Whether they make your home more comfortable or they save you money on your utility bills, there are several reasons why you should seriously consider installing a programmable thermostat in your home.
Biggest Benefits of Installing a Programmable Thermostat
- Save $$$. Programmable thermostats can save you a great deal of money over time. Consider this; can you make a concerted effort to keep your home’s temperature 1 degree higher than normal in the summer or also 1 degree lower than normal during the winter? If so you’ll be able to save right around 2% on your utility bill every month. But, if you’re able to lower or raise it more than 1 degree when you’re at work, while you’re sleeping or while you’re on vacation, you can save even more.
- Leverage Technology. Today’s programmable thermostats embrace technology. You can manage most current models through smartphone apps and some models will even notify you if it detects an issue with your HVAC system.
- Increase Energy Efficiency. Programmable thermostats can also improve your home’s energy efficiency, which is not only good for the environment, it’s good for your budget too.
- Optimize Old and New Systems. Programmable thermostats have the ability to optimize both older and newer HVAC systems. They help all heating and cooling systems run as efficiently as they possibly can, which often increases their lifespan.
- Consistent Temperatures. Programmable thermostats will also do an excellent job of maintaining consistent temperatures throughout your home. Your thermostat will be in charge of turning the air conditioner or heater on. This will keep temperatures exactly where you want them. You also won’t have to worry about your home being too cold in the wintertime or too hot during the summer months.
- Manage Climate Zones. If your HVAC system has multiple climate zones, a programmable thermostat is the best way to manage temperatures throughout your entire house.
Contact Green Heating & Cooling Today!
Here at Green Heating & Cooling, we suggest most homeowners consider installing a programmable thermostat. We definitely think it’s worth a little extra money. It is one of the best ways to make sure your HVAC system operates at peak efficiency. It’ll keep you and also your family comfortable at all times. And the biggest overall benefit is that it will save you money each month on your utility bills. Therefore Contact Green Heating & Cooling today to discover which programmable thermostat we recommend for your home.