Worried About High Summer Utility Bills? – Air Conditioning Efficiency
AIR CONDITIONING EFFICIENCY · SERVICES
During the summer, most American families spend about 40 percent of their total energy bill on air conditioning of the house. You need to reduce your electric bill by first starting with you air conditioner .You need to minimize your monthly energy bill by just following these tips in order to keep your family cool during the summer season.
ENERGY SAVINGS RECOMMENDATIONS
- Seal air leaks
- You need to seal the windows with caulk. The cracks in the door and window frames and the electrical outlets are the easy points where cold air can escape through.
- Control humidity
- There are various actions you can take in order to reduce humidity in your home. As you take a shower, use the exhaust vent in the bathroom. You can also avoid using appliances like the dryer, ovens and dishwashers during the hot times of the day. Close the curtains which are in the rooms that get direct sunlight. If these measures don’t work, consider installing a whole home dehumidifier.
- Use a Programmable Thermostat
- This is very simple and free, you just simply set your thermostat basing on the season. It will be good if you set your thermostat at 69 in the winter and 78 in the summer. You can set the temperature to fluctuate automatically before you arrive home.
- Install a Two-Stage HVAC System
- Instead of you leaving your inefficient AC unit on running constantly all day, you should consider replacing your AC unit with an energy efficient two-stage HVAC system. Bryant’s Evolution HVAC system is perfect for keeping you cool in the summer while being very efficient.
CANTON AIR CONDITIONING EXPERTS – GREEN HEATING & COOLING
If you maintain your cooling system well, your air conditioning equipments will be able to operate at their peak performance thus providing you and your family enjoyment over many years. But, if you need an upgraded efficient unit, call Green Heating and Cooling at 770-479-2844 to request your estimate in Canton, GA.