Does Your Furnace Burner Need Adjustments Before Winter?
FURNACE REPAIR · HEATING * FURNAC BURNER
FURNACE BURNER MAINTENANCE
Cooler weather is just around the corner, which means your furnace needs to be in top working order. But how do you know if your gas furnace needs service?
Check these items on your gas burner to make sure it is working properly. Issues with any of the items on this list could indicate your gas burner needs adjustments before winter. A little preparation now can save you from expensive and inconvenient repairs and keep your family safe.
- Flame color: When your furnace is working properly, the flames on the gas burner are blue. If you see orange or yellow flames, this is a sign that your burner needs to be adjusted.
- Flame direction: Flames should be straight up and down. If the flames on your burner are leaning toward the back of the furnace or wavering back and forth, call a professional to check your burner.
- Rust: Your burner should be free of rust. The presence of rust indicates problems with gas pressure or moisture. Rusty burners are a safety hazard and could also be a sign of larger safety hazards in your chimney or flue.
- Soot: Your gas burner should burn cleanly at all times. Soot is a sign that your burners need adjusting and may indicate a combustion problem. If you see any soot in or around your burner, call a professional right away.
- Start Up: When your furnace starts up, you should see the flames travel from one burner to another in an even line. If you see hesitation, flashes of ignition, or gaps between the flames, your burner needs cleaning and adjustment.
Contact Furnace Burner Experts
If you notice any problems with your furnace or have any questions about your furnace, contact us at Green Heating & Cooling in Canton, GA. We can check your burner, adjust it, and make any needed repairs to keep your family safe and warm this winter.